Monday, January 31, 2011

Led Zeppelin > or < Rolling Stones?


The weekend's Inequality here!

The week's results here!

Led Zeppelin is an English rock band formed in 1968. The band has sold over 300 million albums worldwide, making them one of the world's best selling music artists of all time and the second best selling band in the US, only behind The Beatles. Led Zeppelin continue to be held in high regard for their artistic achievements, commercial success, and broad influence.

The Rolling Stones is an English rock band formed in 1962. Worldwide sales are estimated at over 200 million albums and the band was ranked as the second most successful group in the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The Stones released their last studio album in 2005, but they are still making singles and touring the world.

4 comments:

  1. rolling stones, paint it black. i dare you to name a better song between the two bands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally don't think Paint it Black is the Stones best song, but it is a great song. Five years ago I would've picked Zeppelin, but my tastes have matured and I've head more of the Stones as I grow older. I don't know, I want a good song without a 10 minute jam at the end. Led Zeppelin is obviously an extremely talented group of individuals, but the Stones are as well AND they know when to end a song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the Rolling Stones are ahead of Led....ouch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing against the Stones here but to me this was a no brainer. True that Led has more jam-band tendencies than the Rolling Stones but they also have many songs that are without that 10 minute jam at the end that Shelly sarcastically referred to. The range of Led Zeppelin is much broader than that of the Stones in my opinion.

    Also, to answer the first post . . . Stairway to Heaven . . . enough said.

    JH

    ReplyDelete